Ahh rose water. I have absolutely fallen in love with this new discovery. The rose water that I am reviewing today is made by the organic French skincare brand Melvita. This specific rose water is special since it is made with distilled water. What does that mean you ask? Cheaper types of so called ”Rose Water” are not authentic and they miss valuable rose juices. The authentic way of making Rose Water is through steam-distillation of the fresh organic rose petals. Rose Water produced through steam-distillation of the fresh rose petals has much more beauty and health benefits. It contains nutritious juices and pure rose oil. The nutritious juices have therapeutic benefits because of the active ingredients that are present.
What exactly are the beauty and healthy benefits of using rose water?
- It can be used whether you have oily skin, dry or combination. It helps maintain the skin’s pH balans and controls excess oils.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce redness, irritation, acne and eczema.
- It cleanses the skin and aids in removing oil and dirt from pores.
- Due to it’s antibacterial properties it is able to heal scars, wounds and cuts.
- It hydrates and moisturizes the skin giving it a fresh look.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water are able to strenghten skin cells and regenerate skin tissue.
- It can be used as a toner since it will tighten the pores.
- The aroma of rose water has powerfull aroma therapy benefits. It calms anxiety and promotes emotional well being.
- It fights against skin aging and keeps lines and wrinkles away.
I like to use my rose water right after cleansing my face. I will spray it on as a toner and it will tone my skin and moisturize. During the day (especially on hot days) when I am not wearing make-up, I will spray it on my skin to feel refreshed, get rid of excess oil and hydrate my skin. It feel so refreshing! I absolutely love this during the summer. The scent calms me down and makes me feel happy every time I use it. The scent of roses is not too strong. It is subtle, feminine and soft.
I really like how this is a certified organic product made out of distilled water as opposded to one mixed with essential oils or chemicals. This does add to the cost, but knowing that I am using something natural and obtaining all of it’s benefits to the max is 100% worth it to me.
The Melvita Eau Florale De Rose comes in a bottle with a spray on top. The spray that comes out is a super fine mist. I was preparing for a harsher spray, but it is so soft and airy. This is such a multi functional product and I am sure that from now on I will always have bottle of distilled, organice rose water in my house. It is an absolute delight to use. The bottle contains 200 ml of rose water and retails for €14,90. Worth absolutely each penny =)